It's "put your hand on my hand"...but anyway." lets go gettum!"..... I agree totally that it is really fun. I had fun watching it. It looks really clean and well put together, you really mean it. It looks great. I wonder if it is meant as a show for kids or not. Can someone explain that a little. Has anyone shown this to any kids. It would be fun to know a kids reaction to this!
this is the best. I agree with Lizzy. I want to see kids' reactions to it. I mean, not that it would be any less cool if it totally scared little babies, but I'd be interested to know if they would think it was awesome or if it would freak them out.
Ahh-mazing! I think a cool way to appeal to kids in later episodes might be to insert some kind of lesson or to expose them to some kind of cool thing they may not have learned about yet. Stuff like vegetables, sharing, being creative, the importance of slams or something like that. I don't know what your take on kid's shows imposing values are, but this is just a suggestion. A wonderful show though. So, so professional looking too. You guys are smart. I wail!
I think that a fractal zoom should be incorperated somehow.
I didn't see this as a kids show really. Clearly the humor and jokes are for adults, or teenagers, and I think it works that way. Very funny. I think that adding content specifically for kids confuses the point or something. But maybe not. I would like to hear from someone involved in it and know what they think.
Sorry I haven't posted anything yet. Ben has been a much better blogger than I.
How to make it a "kids' show" has come up a number of times. For instance, if one of the characters is casually holding a machete, does that send a bad message to America's children? Maybe. But in real life, machetes exist and I think kids can handle that.
From my perspective (don't wanna speak for Ben), we just make whatever we want to make without putting in any overtly dirty or upsetting content. We don't want to travel into the realm of "isn't it ironic that these cute puppets are cursing." We just want to make something that's strange and trippy and fun.
We definitely don't want to talk down to anybody and it's really important to us that kids and adults can enjoy it together.
I deeply agree with the aforementioned postive comments. As a dude who has been making bideos myself and having seen your pad, I know that this took a million light years.
The best thing about it is that the best thing about it is the overall flow and raw entertainment value. The writing is great and it's funny and weird.
If you compare this with a show for ver young children, Teletubbies of course being the best example, it is interesting how the structure in't driven by traditional plot. That is, a problem that comes to a climax and gets resolved. Or at least, there are several small narrative arcs, none of which are intertwined. The viewer simply watches as the show progresses - it doesn't engage your thoughts in a manipulative way. Of course, this does the same thing, but with grownup words. Maybe that's where the psychedelic aspect comes in. Iike how Erin used that word to describe it. I think psychedelic means something more than just "is real awesome when you're stoned." But what?
I would also like to say how great it is that you are avoiding overt irony, coolness, and straitup references. These are such popular traps to fall in for people these days. I love the... disposition you've got.
And the music is rocks! It might be cool if the words of the theme song were writ out. It makes it more accessable.
I think there are a few issues with the sound - sometimes it seems a little buried and I can't hear the words. I'd like to see that fixed up a bit.
This is some of the best work I've seen by you all! Congratulations and big ups!
Oh - sometimes when Mr. Snowbe-ast reacts to something - with a facial expression - I think you missed the close-up. I want to see some more close-ups so I can understand the feelings more and increase my content absorbtion.
this shit keeps cracking me up! hahahahaha. After watching it, like, a silly-in times, I noticed that the title screen info (title) was not absorbed because I was only looking at the picture. Also, right after that there is an awkward silence where I think the music should have continued a little longer. that's all for now. FUCKING LAUGHING!!
Mentalfx.com is where we got the sweet backgrounds. Although I am trying to trick Keith into programming some sweet fractals for future astral planes visits. Thank you guys for all the really helpful feedback. You are right Chet, the end song is missing a beat or two, I don't know if I should re-upload it or what. Height's theme song is truly awesome, I don't know if you guys have heard the entire thing, it is at: www.myspace.com/showbeastmusic
I so badly want to write more about Showbeast and what we are trying, or not trying, to do, but there is like a million things I want to say. Basically, after reading books like The Continuum Concept, and Inventing the Child, my entire view of what a child is has changed. This has been the inspiration behind calling this a children's show even though it would not traditionally be considered a children's show.
When you create a new post the "link" blank makes the TITLE a link.
It's a little confusing. Here's how to
create an HTML link like a pro. Copy and paste this crap into your
post/comments:
<a href="http://www.address.com">TEXT </a>
Replace the complete URL (web address) between the quotes and TEXT with what you want to appear as text in the blue link.
Congratulations...you're a nerd.
13 comments:
IT'S FUCKING AWESOME! SO COOL! EVERYBODY!!! PUT YOUR HAND'S ON MY HANDS!!!!
The only suggestion is give yourself a little more credit. I mean, I couldn't read the credits, cause they went by to fast.
I love the theme song!
It's "put your hand on my hand"...but anyway." lets go gettum!"..... I agree totally that it is really fun. I had fun watching it.
It looks really clean and well put together, you really mean it. It looks great.
I wonder if it is meant as a show for kids or not. Can someone explain that a little. Has anyone shown this to any kids. It would be fun to know a kids reaction to this!
I love it.
this is the best. I agree with Lizzy. I want to see kids' reactions to it. I mean, not that it would be any less cool if it totally scared little babies, but I'd be interested to know if they would think it was awesome or if it would freak them out.
Ahh-mazing! I think a cool way to appeal to kids in later episodes might be to insert some kind of lesson or to expose them to some kind of cool thing they may not have learned about yet. Stuff like vegetables, sharing, being creative, the importance of slams or something like that. I don't know what your take on kid's shows imposing values are, but this is just a suggestion. A wonderful show though. So, so professional looking too. You guys are smart. I wail!
I think that a fractal zoom should be incorperated somehow.
I didn't see this as a kids show really. Clearly the humor and jokes are for adults, or teenagers, and I think it works that way. Very funny. I think that adding content specifically for kids confuses the point or something. But maybe not. I would like to hear from someone involved in it and know what they think.
Hey friends,
Sorry I haven't posted anything yet. Ben has been a much better blogger than I.
How to make it a "kids' show" has come up a number of times. For instance, if one of the characters is casually holding a machete, does that send a bad message to America's children? Maybe. But in real life, machetes exist and I think kids can handle that.
From my perspective (don't wanna speak for Ben), we just make whatever we want to make without putting in any overtly dirty or upsetting content. We don't want to travel into the realm of "isn't it ironic that these cute puppets are cursing." We just want to make something that's strange and trippy and fun.
We definitely don't want to talk down to anybody and it's really important to us that kids and adults can enjoy it together.
Sorry this post was long in the tooth.
Love,
Erin
I deeply agree with the aforementioned postive comments. As a dude who has been making bideos myself and having seen your pad, I know that this took a million light years.
The best thing about it is that the best thing about it is the overall flow and raw entertainment value. The writing is great and it's funny and weird.
If you compare this with a show for ver young children, Teletubbies of course being the best example, it is interesting how the structure in't driven by traditional plot. That is, a problem that comes to a climax and gets resolved. Or at least, there are several small narrative arcs, none of which are intertwined. The viewer simply watches as the show progresses - it doesn't engage your thoughts in a manipulative way. Of course, this does the same thing, but with grownup words. Maybe that's where the psychedelic aspect comes in. Iike how Erin used that word to describe it. I think psychedelic means something more than just "is real awesome when you're stoned." But what?
I would also like to say how great it is that you are avoiding overt irony, coolness, and straitup references. These are such popular traps to fall in for people these days. I love the... disposition you've got.
And the music is rocks! It might be cool if the words of the theme song were writ out. It makes it more accessable.
I think there are a few issues with the sound - sometimes it seems a little buried and I can't hear the words. I'd like to see that fixed up a bit.
This is some of the best work I've seen by you all! Congratulations and big ups!
Oh - sometimes when Mr. Snowbe-ast reacts to something - with a facial expression - I think you missed the close-up. I want to see some more close-ups so I can understand the feelings more and increase my content absorbtion.
How did you get those trippy backgrounds from?
this shit keeps cracking me up! hahahahaha. After watching it, like, a silly-in times, I noticed that the title screen info (title) was not absorbed because I was only looking at the picture. Also, right after that there is an awkward silence where I think the music should have continued a little longer. that's all for now. FUCKING LAUGHING!!
Mentalfx.com is where we got the sweet backgrounds. Although I am trying to trick Keith into programming some sweet fractals for future astral planes visits.
Thank you guys for all the really helpful feedback.
You are right Chet, the end song is missing a beat or two, I don't know if I should re-upload it or what.
Height's theme song is truly awesome, I don't know if you guys have heard the entire thing, it is at:
www.myspace.com/showbeastmusic
I so badly want to write more about Showbeast and what we are trying, or not trying, to do, but there is like a million things I want to say. Basically, after reading books like The Continuum Concept, and Inventing the Child, my entire view of what a child is has changed. This has been the inspiration behind calling this a children's show even though it would not traditionally be considered a children's show.
Thanks Dudes,
Ben
i love it.
Post a Comment