Hi. I've written reviews for some of my favorite movies:
Movie ReviewsIncludes:
- V for Vendetta
- The Ring
- Children of Men
- The Manchurian Candidate
- Jungle 2 Jungle
Let me know what you and your brain come up with! Just find your favorite combinations of thoughts and feelings about these reviews, and say them!
6 comments:
I always say things by examining my favorite combination of thoughts and feelings. I mean, I do when I'm "on the ball."
For those of you who don't know Keith, he is a very thoughtful and feelingful kid.
Hey.
I've never wread anything ritten by you before. It's great stuff! My favorite is the review for "Children of Men" because it is more about letting us in on your own private interpretation, one that you seem to know a lot about - and by know I mean that you discovered it for yourself. The strange mathmatical metaphors go together with the precise yet uncanny language in a way I've never seen before. The other reviews seem more arbitrary because they focus on purely personal meaning, which is interesting, but more difficult to "get into" because we can't really have anything additional to say or think about it ourselves, as viewers. But the Children of Men review stars off with a clear statement that let's us into the main idea, and you don't disappoint. For example - you point out the significance of the addition and multiplication of twos - but we are allowed the freedom to come up with our own personal reasons why these facts are significant. And that allows our imagination to take hold.
I'll look fwd to more of these.
-f
I agree that the Children of Men is the most fun to read(thought). I hope you keep it up, I want to read more(feeling).
¿Vas a Peru? I little feathertoe said you were. ¿Es verdad?
Lizzy agreeeeeeeees with meeeeeeeeeee
!
These reviews are thoroughly crack up-able. I think my two favorites might be for the Manchurian Candidate and the Ring. I like how you go back and forth from proper reviewer mode to tangential scifi fan/Jurasic Park survivor. One thing I was wondering about was your point of view. Are we intended to think they came from you? Do the Jurasic Park survivors on Isla Nublar get out to movies ever? Do they have reviews that they could write from distant memories? Your concept reminds me of this section of bobanddavid.com (the Mr. Show website) that I used to like, called "I Love Movies." His reviews were mostly pans written as one-liners, like the one for Collateral Damage where he said "The best part was hearing Shwarzenegger say Collateral."
Thanks for the blogs guys. I'm not very art critique smart critique so let's pretend.
FARLIE & LIZZIE:
So you guys like the children of men review because it relates the movie to a complex subject but doesn't go into detail about it.
Math is a more complex subject than anything discussed in other reviews, but I'm not sure I see why the Children of Men review incites your imagination more than, for example, the Manchurian Candidate review. The MC leaves a lot more questions open, such as why the author's children died, how a soundtrack can promote a certain diet, why the author's family and friends requested that he kill himself. Do you think this isn't as interesting because you don't care about the author in the MC review, whereas you do care about math?
JESSIE:
I haven't yet stepped into the world of movie reviews by characters in other movies.
The idea behind the Ring review was that the author saw The Ring and Jurassic Park in one night and got them confused, or he reviewed the movie in some crazy world where all movies are about dinosaurs, or something like that.
I would love to see Mel Gibson's character from Lethal Weapon review Blue Streak, or see the Bill Pullman review Independence Day as if it were a documentary about his presidency. I might try one of these next.
LIZZIE:
Je vais a peru ou ecuador ou bolivia ou quelque chose. Je ne sais pas mais je veux voir ton Perublog. Tu es excited pour manger du coco, chocolat, et maca frais?
Or E.T. review anything.
Why there isn't an E.T. II - - - I don't know.
Post a Comment