20070917

Junior Anti-Sex League

Of course, Orwell's anti-sex league was not against reproduction, just against the culture of sexual freedom, so it is basically completely antagonistic to the ideals I am proposing, but it resembles my organization in that it is a national organization that appeals to the youth (well, ours is international), although my organization is a pop cultural phenomenon, not a government program.

There are already a few examples organizations that do this, although they are a lot more boring than ours is. For example, the before-mentioned voluntary extrinction movement, which is not fun at all. That awesome Salt 'N' Pepa song "Let's Talk About Sex" is much more on topic, with their talking about "all the bad things that may be":
Don't decoy, avoid, or make void the topic
Cuz that ain't gonna stop it...
Everybody has sex
I mean, everybody should be makin' love...

In a world where people are spreading like some kind of kookoo space mold, there has got to be a new conception of what to do with your body, how to deal with your bio feelings, and a new sense of purpose other than the whole fruitful thing - this can only come about through mass communication of a new way of doing things, and that way has got to be more attractive than the current way. We aren't going to do anything because it's "good." We want to do things a certain way because it's more fun. I'm not sure that the attitudes displayed in that song TCD sent me, Comix, "Touche pas mon sexe" (can someone put that up?) are going to appeal to everyone, but I think there is a synthesis between that and S&P... Maybe more like Cosey Fanni Tutti (though not sure if she has kids). Something badass, and really not very churchy.

So my questions is, does anyone know about interesting pop cultural content/product that is anti-natalist?

9 comments:

G-reg said...

Yea, Britney Spears.

G-reg said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orgasmatron

Eff Gwazdor said...

Good call g-reg. I think we should get buri-chan to spearhead our efforts to depopulate the planet.

Eff Gwazdor said...

I followed that "orgasmatron" link - to the company that supposedly makes these devices - I got nowhere!

total cool dude said...

worth looking into:
http://www.churchofeuthanasia.org/

comix - 'touche pas mon sexe' (just one track)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/vee9c6

i hate that salt and pepa song.

Eff Gwazdor said...

I hate it too

I've been thinking a lot about ms. Spears as a pop star that I can believe in.

Eff Gwazdor said...

Oh TCD - that Chris Korda song, from the Church of Euthanasia? That's the song in that video Henry and I made one evening just to shock and disturb as many people as possible, the one with Colbert and D.U. babies. (You have to listen for the song pretty hard - but I recommend keeping yr eyes shut if you don't want to get FREAKED OUT.)

If any of all y'all haven't seen that video, the responses are some of the most amusing communication I've ever initiated, and it's partially censored for no fucking good reason at all.

Check the vid

I guess I do have an agenda.

Henry said...

the church of euthenasia website is pretty good.

total cool dude said...

i somehow just read the VHEMT site.
great stuff!
i want one of those t-shirts...