
So, here is the opening scene from Glypix by Gwazdor - think of this as being the part where Mr. Rogers takes off his shoes and Konky tells us what the word of the day is.
This is obviously totally unfinished, but me thinks that's what this site's about. I haven't added - backgrounds to bluescreen shots (I'm actually mostly going to put him into the set he's in in other shots), sound effects like beep and zzzt and boop, decoration, ummm... the rest of the whole video and everything...
I don't feel like it moves fast enough, but then again, it's not made to stand on it's own like this.
I wonder what lines are good, and if there are any that need serious cutting action. ???????????????? That's what I wanna hear.
The compression is mostly YouTube's flash compression's fault, but I can make it look a little better if I tweak it. Compressions a real pain on YouTube.
Oh - I'm leaving the country for a month.
btw - when uploading an image on blogger, it says something like "your image is uploaded, pleae click on "done" and it'll show up" and then there is no button that says "done" - the trick is, wait like 30 sec.s 'cause it's not really finished uploading. Then, like magic, the "done" button appears. Click it and a bunch of html nonsense will appear that = your image. Blogging is magic for real.
16 comments:
i just thought the first comment should be a:
WTF
very good footage...well worth the 45 minutes it took me to load it. i think there is a lot to work with here. i like the short catchphrases and stuff. probably the best part is chester...he is very good...nice costume and good host...i like fun. i would like to see more non-video elements in it...which is i guess what i have to do...but the editing is pretty snappy....could it be snappier? i think that is the key to making the pace faster.
Yeah, there are some cuts that need to be made. Chet has this habit of saying something, then waiting for a few seconds, then making a cute face. It's very winning, but it makes for hard editing decisions.
I think it drags in part cause the sound effects aren't in. That will help. Also, this follows the initial scene which is the Theme song and dancing - which will be hyper. This is more of a "laid back" vibe.
Moms is going to take the DVDs I made of the quicktime raw footage of Chet dancing to the post office tomorrow. I'm expecting fireworks.
Also - we should have one of those "recently added comments" things on the sidebar. I don't know how to do that.
Also, the mydatabus link - is that working? Me thinks no.
Well, off to the horse races...
PS
LMAO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gu83e34wdvs
I like Chester's acting very much. Maybe the editing should follow the japanese school-girl / battle royale instructional video charecter he is effecting.
Oh, and the machine in the background is amazing.
And also: Andy Warhol and a Television.
yeah the machine in the background we made by painstaikingly re-wiring s set of chasing christmas lights behind a cardboard cut out...i like it because what i do now is put some of my stuff into it...and the background is already made of flat things..that light up...so i think i will be able to drop some cool stuff into it....i guess because thats whats next i would be interested to see what people think would look good with that stuff...well?
very good editing farley! WTF? Was that dude on drugs? Some specific comments. The three shots that are "woop, yum, positive" should be bang bang bang. Also, the gap between "I just have this feeling...' and the facial expression could shorten, maybe. Nitpick. cool dood.
oh, and make the "pollution" circle faster.
I was tinking ov cutting that pollution crap. WTF were you talking about?
Like I says, faster is almost always better.
The fact that it's all spedup about 120% - does that bother people? I like how it makes chet look like a mini cartoon character, but it makes his voice pretty squeeked. I like it like this tho.
No, I think that the speed up is great. It's cool because it's a technique that even little kids are aware of, but it still works somehow.
I can't wait to see it once henry puts in some craziness in the background on top of the already awesome machine.
Actually, I've changed my mind. I think that the pace and everything is amazing. I just showed it a bunch of people and they all love it. I think the greatest part is the line "buttons, to push, excuse me....".
Anyway, need to see the bluescreen video backgrounds, I think it's going to be incredible.
Oh, maybe more bubblng sounds and steam coming out of a few of the things.
i guess i will re-post it when i have a chance to edit some stuff into it...also im sure when farley gets back to the country he will have decided to do something further with it too..
to the planet
Post a Comment